Saturday, June 6, 2009

EYE TUTORIAL


Makeup tutorial tiem!
This tutorial is to achieve "Anime eyes" or "Doe eyes"
The whole point is to open up the eyes and make them seem more wider-set to achieve the "Doe Eyed" look :)

First, your materials. (Not pictured, Mascara)

You'll want to start with a clean face! No make-up on at all. Pull hair back to avoid scragglies falling into your eyes! (excuse the doofy hat, I couldn't find a headband and my hair won't pull back because it's too short)

Start with base :) (I use both powder AND base, but it is up to you)
Here is my powder. This creates the "airbrush" effect.

I use a large brush to cover more while using less. (I look really bad here)


Next, eyeliner. I use MAC products, but you can use whatever you prefer.


Start somewhere in the middle and work your way out. Then come back in to the corner of your eye and go over the line you've already made. Extend the line out past your eyes to make a cat-eye look. This makes your eyes seem wider-set.

My eye finished, open.

What the line ought to look like when your eye is closed.
Here are both of my eyes done-eye liner only.

Using white eye-liner, line the inside of the bottom of your eye...the 'water line'
This is safe, so long as your eyeliner is clean.

Finished with step two :)

Here is a close-up. The use of white liner here creates a wide-eyed look. You're almost done!

Now, using a white eye-shadow, dab in the inside corners of your eyes.
More "widening" is created using this technique.



Next, using an angled brush (a regular brush would not work) and some dark shadow...
Line UNDER your lash-line. This will make the white you used to line your eyes more definitive, and from a little distance, your 'wide-eyed' look is much more natural.

If you're like me, and you weren't blessed with a natural almond-look, you can create the illusion by using the dark shadow and the angle brush on the corner of your eye, extending it a LITTLE towards your nose. This is more of a shaping thing than anything else. It's also optional. I've always done this, because I like the resulting shape. This may not work for everyone else.

Here's a close-up of the shadow under the line. See how it is defined? (Left: before extension, Right: after extension)

Next, the un-mentioned mascara! Your lashes will likely be standing out like sore thumbs, so this will blend them into the liner you've created. :)


Now, I'm as pale as a ghost, so I like to use a little bit of blush to create a more...life-like effect. Otherwise, I look like Sunako* with light hair!

Finally, using a q-tip and your liquid base, fix any mistakes you may have made.
Smudges you can't get or areas you see un-covered. Like my urgly pimples :(

Finished product! Wide-eyed and ready to go!
(I used a little bit of red lipstick and some powder to give my lips some color, but not too much)

:D THERE WE GO!

*Sunako is a character from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge by Hayakawa Tomoko. This manga is also known as "Perfect Girl Evolution," "My Fair Lady," and most popularly, "The Wallflower"
I am referring to the main character, Sunako Nakahara, who is notorious for being pale and "ghost-like"

No comments: